Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Oceanic Flight 815

If you are a Lost junkie like I am, then you already know that Oceanic Flight 815 is the flight that crashed in the first episode of the show. If you didn't know that, don't quit reading this is still pretty cool.

At the end of every episode of lost after the credits and everything they flash the website www.oceanicflight815.com I just noticed it tonight, but evidentally it has been there since the beginning. If you go there you will see a very cool design for a website. You will also have the opportunity to get absolutely lost in all the information about the show (you can get caught up or learn before you start watching if you're new)

One of the first things I noticed was this little bar code looking thing at the bottom of the screen. I didn't click on it right away, I wanted to explore, so I flipped through a dozen pages of information and even read some of the message board titled "theory board" Very appropriate because it's filled with theories that would rival the X-files. One guy actually estimated the number of tally marks on the wall and tried to calculate how long the guy had been living in the hatch. I like the show... but get a life.

Finally I click on the little bar code and up pops a request for a code word. Being the internet hound that I am, I quickly find that if you enter "theislandiswaiting" without the quotes you get to see part of the script. But after reading the script, I can't figure it out. I don't remember any part of the script from the show, and yet it's titled "Man of Science, Man of Faith" the first week's title. It even describes things chronologically in the story that don't match up, like Jack running out of the hatch, yet he hasn't left the hatch yet. And then.. And then.. And then..

My brain hurts from thinking too much about this. Hope you enjoy the link.