Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

The thrill of the chase

A couple of years ago I got it in my head to become a land lord. Buy dumps, fix them up and rent them. January 2004, we bought our first house and have been loving it (and the money). Today we went to look at what will shortly become our second house and I forgot how much I love the thrill of the chase. All the pressure with closing, juggling the numbers to make it work, and even though the seller has offered a more than fair price on it I'm kind of sad that he won't negotiate on the price. We're going to pay what I want for it, but I'd rather have him start higher so we can go through the negotiating process back and forth and end up at the same price anyway. Oh, well.

By the way, if anyone is looking for a charming 3 bedroom house with a lovely back yard to rent in the Washington, Iowa area, let me know. I know the perfect place!