Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Coming Out... I'm a Thespian

Okay, I'm coming out of the closet on this one in a big way. I'm a thespian. There I said it. Now you can make fun of me all you want, but it won't change who I am.

As part of our church going through the 40 Days of Purpose based on Rick Warren's book Purpose Driven Life we have been adding skits to our Sunday services. Well, somehow I landed (more like got stuck with) a part in this Sunday's skit. My first skit ever in my whole life. I play a sarcastic, cynnical husband who thinks he knows it all and annoys his wife with his intelligence.

Some people call it method acting, but I say it comes from within. It's hard to stretch yourself into a character that is so different than who you are. I show up to church in character and can't get out of character until I'm back in my car. If I don't, I can't get the performance right. Well, as I struggle through this difficult role, I'll just have to keep in mind - I better get a stinkin huge jewell in my crown for this one!