Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, March 19, 2007

Check Please!


It's now Monday evening and I'm crossing things off my list like crazy. In the same order of my last post, here's how I'm doing.

  1. We saw as many sites as humanly possible. My feet hurt so much from walking.
  2. I've eaten at 5 Guys Burgers and Fries (gut bomb burgers that are ohh so good). Then I ate at Fogo De Chao a Brazilian Steakhouse which was incredible. It was delicious meats of all kinds on an all you can eat basis. My God I didn't know I could eat that much. It's only Monday and tomorrow is the Indian embassy. I'm not a big fan of Indian food, so it will be one of my "try something new" things.
  3. When I spoke to my wife today she actually said, "I saw a Subaru today that I liked."
  4. Uh... yeah.. haven't even opened the book. Tomorrow I promise!
  5. I've made some good inroads with a lobbyist that I'll need for a later project as well as some great people from back in Colorado that will definately be good political allies in months to come.
  6. Not exactly 7 hours last night, but 4-1/2 is kind of like 7... until the alarm clock went off.
  7. My wife and I experienced something new together, but I'll keep that secret because somethings are more fun when only 2 people know and the second thing - see number 2
  8. After sitting in presentations from 8:00am to 5:00pm, my mind is on overload. I learned about how the Vietnam Memorial was created, how pollsters do their job, how the General who is #2 over the Iraq war thinks, how Nevada's Congressman makes tourism work for his state, how lobbying works, how appropriations happen in DC, and how an Indiana Congressman tore his knee up skiing in Colorado. I also learned that I REALLY don't want ot run for office. Thanks for the vote of confidence Betsy, but I tell myself I'm an idiot enough. I don't need half the world helping me out.

Tomorrow I'm off to see the DLA and beg - I mean respectfully ask for money for a program we're starting. What's another half mil in a federal budget?