Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Getting Caught Up

Let me first apologize on my gross inconsistency in blogging lately. Though vacation was the cause of one week, I have no excuse for the week before or after, but not having an excuse never stopped me from giving one.

Vacation is great! Coming back from vacation sucks!!! I came back with a sun tan that started to peel, a bruised heel from playing sand volleyball, somehow I was two pounds lighter and I had 147 unread emails. So while life in Can Cun was great, coming back wasn't so great.

So before I hit the blogging world with the full force of my genius, I'll ease back into it with my life in bullet points.
  • I think I had a little writer's block, but feel it's leaving now.
  • My department at work is getting audited, but I'm really not stressed about it.
  • My assistant is VERY stressed about it.
  • We set up a 55 gallon fish aquarium for my boys as a combined birthday present.
  • I now spend every evening hypnotized by the bubbles and fish.
  • I love Lost and loved Hurley driving that VW van last night with Three Dog Night blasting on 8 track. Just a hunch, but I think that the song is somehow symbolic of what is going to happen on the island soon.
  • I have 85 minutes of video from our vacation and planned on editing it and putting some up for people to watch, but then realized I don't have the software needed to edit on a Mac. I guess I'm off to buy some software.
  • I actually attended a Mac user group meeting and it felt oddly strange as I sat with other people cracking jokes about Windows users and had to fight the urge to defend them.
  • I was asked to write a column for the local news paper on business and have a week to get it done. Now I'm feeling the writer's block come back... Any suggestions???

Labels: