Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, May 08, 2006

Caution To The Wind

"Some places are like people: some shine and some don't."
~ Dick Hallorann - The Shining

Tuesday morning at the crack of dawn I'll be in my mini-van driving north to Estes Park for our regional conference. The conference, like most conferences, will be a lot of blah, blah, blah - eat, eat, eat - horrible sleep, etc.

The cool part of the conference will be we are staying at the famed Stanley Hotel where The Shining was filmed. Believe it or not, I have never seen The Shining (not sure how that happened)

I've been given two sets of instructions regarding this. One - you've got to see it before you go. It will make your trip so much better. Two - absolutely do not see it until you get back home. You won't be able to sleep while you're there if you see it before you go.

Always up for the challenge and never sleeping well in hotels anyway, I figure I'll throw caution to the wind and after checking in, I'll pay-per-view it while staying at the Stanley.

As a result, I should have plenty of time to blog while sitting up in my bed in a cold sweat. So stay tuned for scary insights from the Stanley this week.