Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Fun With Interviewing

I've got an interview scheduled this morning. I'm interviewing a potential candidate for a job here, not me interviewing for a job elsewhere.

My goal is not to ask stupid questions like "what's your biggest weakness"
Instead I figure I'll ask questions like "if you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?"

Maybe I'll just say "I'm thinking of a number between one and ten if you can guess it the job is yours!"

Actually I love the interview process from both sides. When being interviewed, I love the mental challange of guessing what they are really asking. When doing the interviewing, I love taking people from feeling uncomfortable to comfortable, then shaking them up and watching them become uncomfortable again. It's interesting to see how people respond to stress. I'm sick I know, but it really brings out thier personality better than stupid questions do.

Here's an article about interviewing from MadMan's Web