Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Track Your Spending

Sunday I was with the ushers sifting the offering when I came across a dollar bill with a little red stamp on it. You see all kinds of things written on money when going through the offering, but this one caught my eye for some reason. The stamp read "Track this Bill www.wheresgeorge.com" I had to check it out. Here's what I found.

You go to the web site and enter in the serial number and year of the bill and it will show you where the bill has traveled, provided someone else has entered in information about the same bill. Of course the stamp on this dollar bill pretty much ensured that it was already being tracked.

My bill started in Macedon, NY and then went to Buffalo, NY before ending up in Mt. Pleasant. It even lets you comment, so for example I know that while in Buffalo, the person got it as change for buying nachos as the HSBC arena.

Kind of cool. Kind of lame. But if everyone in the world did it... maybe it's a shadow government conspiracy to obtain our DNA.