Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, May 27, 2005

My Wife

Today is Friday, May 27th 2005. Some days just stick out in your mind.
Eleven years ago it was Friday, May 27th 1994. I went and played golf with Dad and Pastor Mike. Later we got together with a bunch of people and ate dinner. Then the next day, Saturday May 28th 1994 was a day beyond all others. I remember waking up to an empty house. Going to the couch and watching Sands of Iwo Jima (it was Memorial Day then too) A little after noon, I made my way down to Broadway United Methodist Church where my life changed forever.

At about 4:00 after some pictures were taken and a pigeon was shot with my pellet gun to keep it from flying around the sanctuary - still wish I could have taken that shot - we stood up in front of all those people and showed them how much we loved each other.

If only they could all get together again so I could show them I love you so much more today than I did back then. I don't think they would be suprised, but definately impressed that two people could still love each other as intensly as we do after 11 years, 2 apartments, 4 houses, 2 dogs and 2 kids. I know I'm impressed. For some reason you still love me despite all my quarky things like chomping my gum and saying stupid things that I find funny and no one else gets. Like telling Joe and Tiffany Sanner that we had to get married because you were pregnant. You had to be there - the look on their face really was funny. Anyway, it's that kind of love that tolerates the things that I don't do right and focusses only on the things that I do right.

Yesterday I heard the words that every man wishes he could hear and it only took me 11 years to hear it. You said "Oh no, I forgot to get you an anniversary card!" I figured you wouldn't have time to go get one with our schedule today, and I didn't want to make you feel bad by giving you a card when you didn't have one... trust me, I know the feeling. Instead, I thought I would write to you on my blog today to tell you how much I love you. Not so that all the people that read this will say "wow what a great guy that Matt is" but instead so they could see how lucky I am to have found someone as great as you.

In my 31 years of life, you are the person that I have loved the longest, kissed the m0st, held hands with more than anyone else. I've talked to you late at night more than all others and still feel this skip in my chest when I see you smile. I've never held anyone else while they've cried or shared so many laughs with someone, never felt so high with joy, or had anyone else care as much when I felt so low with sadness. And to think of it, I don't think I've ever blogged so much about one person either.

For all those nevers, there is one more... there will never be another that I would want to break our records with. You are mine for ever. Never ending love is what I feel for you.

Deann - I love you with all my heart. You make me want to get out of bed in the morning and work hard, play harder and enjoy my life more because just the thought of your love for me motivates me beyond all else. Thanks for saying "I Do"