Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Wagons of Smoke



Okay now that my heart has stopped racing when I think about my mistake, I'll post my original blog for today on the correct blog site. (Stupid, Stupid, Stupid... I'm so Stupid)
- - - - -
I've been running for about 18 months now 3 times a week. I get together with a friend at 6:20am and start plodding down my road usually beginning the first half of our journey with few words. When we do speak it's usually phrases like "Oh My God This Sucks!" "I can still feel the pillow on my face" or "Why exactly are we doing this?" Well this morning we decided it would be a great idea to get up 15 minutes earlier and run 15 minutes longer. Things always seem better in the planning stages. However, it was a beautiful morning, perhaps the best morning I have felt in a long time. A cool breeze as the sunset rose over Mt Pleasant. The sleepy town felt so charming in the early morning dawn. I felt great physically, strong and in a good rhythm. I could almost hear the theme from Charriots of Fire playing in the background as we looped around town. Well, I suppose you have to be running a little faster than we were to hear that song, perhaps Wagons of Smoke would be more appropriate.