Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, August 26, 2005

Grin and Barrett Turns 1

One year ago... 365 days ago... 525,600 minutes (enter chorus of broadway singers) How do you measure a year?

Thats when I started blogging. A lot has happened in the last year - in my life and in yours. The one thing that I hope hasn't changed is your interest in reading my corner of the blogosphere.

Thanks for reading and being patient with me as I grow and develop my writing skills. Celebrate with me as I celebrate one year of this ride.

In what appearantly is the tradition of bloggers on their blog's birthday I will post my first entry.

Inaugural Post

Inspired by my friend Scott, the happyweeble [new link], I have decided to overcome my fear of commitment to blogging and begin today.

While I won't pretend to have the expertise in blogging that others seem to have, I know I can grow and become the best darn blogger on the face of the earth. Well maybe at least in southeast Iowa.

I'm not sure what it is about the commitment factor that has kept me from blogging for so long. This blog has actually been set up for 2 months as of today, but something about knowing that I should write, but don't think I have time to do it kept me away. Perhaps also my inspiration, Mr. Happyweeble, blogging like a mad man, posting the Encylopedia Britannica plus some has not only inspired, but intimidated.

That aside, hold on and fasten your seatbelts, let the blogging begin.