Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, January 10, 2005

Back from Paradise

I'm back from vacation, but I feel like I need another vacation to get rested up.
We drove out Dec 31st to Chicago, where we would catch our flight Jan 1st at 8:00am to CanCun. We decided to party it up in Chicago on New Year's Eve, so we ate at Gibson's Steak House. If you want a good steak, Outback serves a better filet. If you want to pay a lot for a steak and have the atmosphere with the great steak, Ruth's Chris is better.
We later went downtown to Millennium Park and walked around before the fireworks. (I've got pictures of this, but you'll have to wait a while. I left my camera in the car, so I took them on our friends' camera. A spectacular show! Seriously I think it was best fireworks show I've ever seen in person.

Got to sleep at 2am for a 5:30 wake-up call. Slept on the plane a little and walked out into this view from our balcony


Life is rough... I know, but somebody has to do it.

Deann spent her time sunbathing, to the piont she got sick and ahd to cover up. So here she lays covered up in towells, still trying to act like she's sunbathing.


In between games of sand volley ball for me and when Deann was turning over to tan the other side, we became frequent customers of the Palapa Bar (pictured below). I drank so many fruit drinks (non-alcoholic of course) It was fun to swim up to the bar and drink Cabanas. I just needed Tom Cruise and Elisabeth Shue and it would have been a scene from Cocktail.


On our last day before we left. Tan and beautiful, but not quite ready to go home.


More pictures to come in the following days. And more stories of our adventures. Tune in tomorrow for the story of the homosexual Gecko.