Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Bah Humbug

This story is a little stale. Maybe a week or so old, but still worthy of comment.

Evidentally the Plano Independent School District in Texas has decided to ban paper plates and napkins which are red and green in color for holiday parites because they symbolize Christmas. Students are only allowed to bring white plates and napkins. (article)

Stupidity never seems to stop amazing me or amusing me.
  • First, I'd like say if the colors red and green are so assimilated with Christianity, the religion they are wanting removed from schools, then I'm suggesting we paint our sanctuary and church bus red and green as soon as possible, people ought to come running to our church and convert as they enter the color scheme of Jesus.
  • Second, I'd like to say, if you can't bring any other color other than white, it seems to me that this group is subliminally pushing a racist agenda. If I were a black, hispanic or asian student at this school, I would feel discriminated against because I can only bring paper products promoting a race that I am not part of. Racism still alive and well in that redneck state.
  • Third, I wonder who's getting a big fat lump of coal in their stocking this Christmas.