These are a few of my most hated things
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
Brown paper packages tied up with strings,
While these are a few of my favorite things, stupid forwarded emails about the latest save the internet whale campaign is not on my list of favorite things.
Got this email (see below) from a friend who wanted me to find out if it was true.
I am gaining in notariety to be able to prove things false on the web. However, I failed at this one.
-Tom Hanks is considdering the part.
- There is such a company as Playtone - actually it's Hanks' production company.
- No one at Playtone could confirm nor deny he was being protested by any group for taking the part. (You should have heard the guy when he realized he was being harrassed on the phone by some pastor from po-dunk Iowa and not some reporter from 20-20. Ha!)
It's obviously a hoax, or very lame grass roots attempt to pursuade Hanks ( a Jewish man) that the Christian community is upset with him, but I can't prove it.
My challenge to you, prove it a hoax if you can... or just make fun of me for being a loser with nothing better to do than track down rumors. By the way, if you want something proven false - forward it to me. firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you aware of the following?
Tom Hanks is in talks to star in the movie version of "The Da Vinci Code."
You can do something about this. Send Tom Hanks a message (see below).
"The Da Vinci Code" promotes the following claims:
- Jesus is not God; he was only a man.
- Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene.
- Mary Magdalene is a goddess and should be worshipped.
- Jesus and Mary Magdalene had a daughter.
- The Bible was put together by a pagan Roman emperor.
- The Gospels have been altered to support the claims of Christians.
- Mary Magdalene was directed to establish the Church.
- The Catholic Church is aware of all of these things and, in order to
keep it secret, has resorted to murder.
Here's what some prominent Christian leaders have had to say about "The Da
"... for non-believers, it confirms their unbelief. It turns off honest
seekers, and it has confused and disillusioned even many Christians."
"There is a conscious agenda that has been declared in the public square in
Brown's novel-an agenda to revise Christian history and reshape beliefs
Christians have held for years."
-[edited this short because there were way to many quotes to care about]-
Please feel free to use the following sample letter:
1224 Fifth Street
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Dear Mr. Hanks,
"The Da Vinci Code" is filled with inaccuracies and defames Christianity.
It is a project that is not worthy of your talent and stature.
Please say No to this film so that America can continue to hold you in high