Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Why I'm Not A Newspaper Reporter

I had a great lunch with fellow blogger and author Barry Moltz yesterday. However, I quickly came to the conclusion yesterday that perhaps I was not cut out to be a newspaper style reporter with interview questions or perhaps even one of those bloggers that gives you "10 questions with..."

So, I've decided to come up with the 5 reasons why I'm not a newspaper reporter, based on my lunch with Barry yesterday.
  1. I get sidetracked too easily and only remembered once that I wanted to ask some questions to blog about today.
  2. I forgot to bring pen and paper.
  3. We spent more time talking about our families and personal lives than we did anything blog worthy.
  4. I got wrapped up in phone calls and talk radio on the drive to lunch and I forgot to prepare a list of question to ask. (back to the sidetracked too easily issue I think)
  5. I forgot to ask the one question I actually did come up with yesterday.

Good news is, I had a great lunch, enjoyed the conversation we did have and am very excited about the possibility of him coming back in June to speak at our luncheon.

Also, his new book, "Bounce", is on Amazon now, but not for sale yet. Can't wait.

Labels: