Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Life Got Busy - Then Today Happened

I've been a little slow on the blogging this week. To put it lightly, life has been running on turbo for the last 10 days.

I've been pulling 12+ hour days for a while so I could get ready for our Small Business Conference, which is an event that we pulled off yesterday. We rented the ballroom and 4 break out rooms at the Crowne Plaza hotel, had 2 key note speakers, 12 breakout sessions, vendor booths and about 5 hours sleep the night before.

On top of that, there was some more bad / sad news that I haven't been writing about, but my wife has over here.

Last night I collapsed into bed at 11:00, and I don't think I moved until 7:30 this morning. However, I must have woke up on the right side of the bed, because today is a great day. I started my day off right, then got some stuff done at work and then took my lunch break to go visit the Colorado Springs Country Club , break in our new membership, have lunch with my wife and even hit a few balls at the range too. After hitting a few balls, she suggested we make a tee time for Sunday afternoon, which was the second best offer a guy can get from his wife ;)

As we walked back to our car, I snapped this picture and was reminded of another reason we moved to Colorado.

The 18th green at CSCC.


Now I just have to get ready for our Baldridge Accreditation Review on Tuesday, which is the biggest review (audit) of the year. But with a day like today, what's the worst that could happen? I might hook one into the trees. It's all in your perspective.

Labels: