Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Implementing a Siesta Time

The next time you feel sleepy at your desk, tell your boss you're doing him a favor by laying down and taking a nap. Now your boss might balk a little at this, but the truth is taking an afternoon nap has been proven to reduce your chance of heart disease by a third.

The Toronto Daily News reported that according to research conducted by the University of Athens Medical School, people who napped at least three times a week for an average of thirty minutes saw a 37% reduction in coronary mortality. So between yawns and stretches as you curl up with a warm blanket under your desk tell your boss that this is your way of cutting that ever growing cost of health insurance the company has to pay, not to mention training a new person to do your job.

However, if your boss replies, "Get off the floor you slacker, that's what I'm counting on!", you may want to find another boss to work for. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to write a proposal for our personnel policies to include a 30 minute nap time. (Yaaa-aawwn) I want to get it done before my vacation to CanCun begins next week, where I'll be developing my new siesta habit.

Labels: ,