Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Peer Pressure or Leadership

As a kid, I don't know how many times I was told to resist peer pressure. - Don't do what they are doing. If they jumped off a bridge would you do it too? - My mother, my youth minister, my teachers, even Nancy Regan told me to "just say no".

Now that I'm a grown adult, fending for myself in the business world, I'm told to be a leader. Lead others along the right path and success will follow. But isn't that just peer pressure? Aren't I really influencing them in the same way my middle school friends were influencing me?

So is it peer pressure or leadership that causes someone to start their own blog after receiving an "everyone is doing it" message?

What ever it is, my lovely wife has seen the light and finally decided to start her own blog. The Rocky Mountain Mom will be blogging away at her very own spot.

She says it's peer pressure, I think it's because I'm such a strong leader... but as we all know, in the end, she'll be right.