Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Introducing Ryan and Zaadz

First, let me introduce you to Ryan Alberti, a.k.a. Birdie. Back in the day (I'm old now so I can say things like that) during the college days, we were close and have remained good friends ever since. He taught me to play and love hockey. He convinced me taking Greek as an independent study was a good idea. He even dared me to run a marathon with him, then right before the race came down with some kind of fake injury and left me to run it alone. Ahhh - What a friend!

Ryan has now joined the blogosphere, and I still connect with him. He wrote, "I want to step out of the train and wander around. I want to look around and see what wonders I can find. I want to explore and learn about what is happening around me. Maybe I am just a dreamer, a child." in his recent post and I know exactly what he's talking about. You can find his blog here.

Now let me introduce you to Zaadz and ask the question, "What the heck is Zaadz?" I signed up for it and am now a "Zaadzster", but I don't know what that means. I even asked my good friend Birdie, who sent me an invitation to join, what it was and he couldn't give me a straight answer, despite the fact that it's what hosts his blog. I can't decide if it's some kind of pinko, commie, tree hugging, zen group, or if it's a legitimate community like a cross between blogspot and myspace.

I did notice one suspicious thing. At the home page of Zaadz, Brian Johnson, self proclaimed Philosopher and CEO, signs his welcome letter with the word "Namaste", which if you recall my ravings about Lost, you'll remember that's how the movies from Darmha are ended. My conspiracy theory antenna is up and buzzing loudly now. Could Zaadz just be an extension of Lost? Perhaps by joining I'm signing up for some crazy psychology experiment. Could it be? Who knows? The one thing I like is everyone gives them self an important sounding title like Philosopher and CEO. Mine is Aberration Expert. Sounds important doesn't it?

At any rate, if you like Ryan's blog, leave him a message and say hi from me.