Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

What to Wear

At my job, I am continually obsessed with what to wear. Most of my clients come in dressed in jeans or extremely business casual. A lot of that has to do with the "granola" culture here in the mountains. But, when I meet with colleagues they are often dressed in suits and ties.

I hate over dressing and also hate under dressing, but it's not exactly junior high where I can call someone and say, "Hey - what are you wearing to school today?"

So, I try my best to change it up and dress average when I know I'm meeting with clients or suit and tie when I'm meeting with bankers.

I read this post by Bill Snow which addresses the dressing down of American Business. Dressing for success no longer means blue suit, white shirt and red tie. While I look stunningly handsome in a suit and tie, I'm glad I don't wear them much.