Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Get Organized

Some days are better than others. Yesterday, for example, was great. I woke up to discover lots of new snow and a weather report that said everything at UCCS is closed... including my office. So, I did some work from home and enjoyed my day out of the office. A truly wonderful day.

Today - not so great. With a significant lack of new snow, I came in to the office and realized that somehow my desk had turned into a virus spreading its infectious clutter all across my office. So with a deep breath and as much courage as I could muster, I've been cleaning and sorting, filing and straightening all morning. Not so wonderful, but still necessary.

That leads me to the three steps to organize your office. (I found these 10 steps, but let's face it, 10 is to many. If you can't keep your office organized, do you really think we have time to read all 10?)

3 steps to organizing your office:
Article by Susan Rich of Get Organized, Get Rich!

Step 1 - Shedding - Get rid of the stuff you don't need.
Step 2 - Sifting - Rearrange the furniture and equipment to suit your particular needs and purposes.
Step 3 - Sorting - Sort what you are working on into a priority system and create a streamline filing system.

Sounds simple, but how many of us will actually do it?