Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Results of Blog Surfing



From time to time I like to waste time.
I click that little "next blog" button at the top of the page and whoosh I'm off to some far away place reading some strangers blog. Some funny, some stupid, some pointless and some trashy. Like any cyber-surfing click with caution.

In my recent wave riding I came across the mention of an organization I had never heard of. The ILCA. Let me just preface this with the statement that it appears to be real, but honestly, I'm such a prude that I only stayed about 60 seconds.

Evidentally the International Lactation Consultant Association (ILCA) employes consultants on the subject of lactation - or brest milk. ARE YOU SERIOUS???

I understand the science and biology of healthy babies and breast feeding, but honestly I don't do the breastfeeding women thing well. I get so uncomfortable when around one. So during the week of August 1-7 I'm hiding in my room with the blinds closed.

Thanks Jan-the-MOB for the inspiration. "Next Blog" brought me to you and then took me away. I think I left a little less uncomfortable, but not real comfortable yet.