Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Changes in Weather

In the last 7 days I've had a complete weather journey. From hot and humid to cold and snowy, I've seen it all.

In Humid Houston, I almost melted in the sweltering heat and humidity. I did manage to see some sights and have fun and have my legs chafe horribly as I walked around. I hate it when that happens.





Then I went to Iowa and Missouri. In Missouri, where we were supposed to play golf, it rained the entire day. So we detoured our golf plans to go see the house my dad is building. We walked around and got our shoes muddy. At least it was cooling off.





I woke up Sunday and the day was absolutely beautiful. 70 degrees, no humidity and the golf course was ready to be played.
Here's my dad hitting his approach shot off the cliff and onto the green below.






A few days later, back in Colorado, I woke up this morning to wind and clouds. When the clouds parted it revealed the most awesome sight I've seen in a while. Pikes Peak covered in snow. The weather man is calling for 4 - 8 inches in some parts and as much as 1 - 2 feet in others. Everyone sing with me... "Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow..."

Now to top off my weather journey before I woke up this morning I was having the incredibly real dream about tornadoes. I was running and hiding anywhere I could from hundreds of tornadoes in the sky that were destroying everything. I haven't looked up what my dream means, but I'm sure it has something to do with the brownie I ate last night at 11:30.