Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, September 18, 2006

There's No Place Like Home

After a long trip where the days actually seemed to have flown by, but somehow I now feel like I've been on the road for a month and I'm officially ready to be home.

Having spent 4 days in Humid Houston, I flew to Omaha on a delayed flight and drove to Des Moines, Iowa to sleep from 3AM to 7AM so we could drive to Iowa City. Reaching exhaustion, I cheered for all I had as the Iowa Hawkeyes found their legs and defeated the in-state rival Iowa State Cyclones. Go Hawks!

If there is one thing I have reassured from this trip it is that I have no desire to be one of those corporate guys who travels 25% of the time. Trips like these are okay a couple times a year, but dear God, how do people travel one, sometimes two weeks a month. I miss my family, my bed, my house, my everything.

Fortunately the plane is boarding right now and I have to cut this short to make it on my flight.
I'll give some highlights later this week from my trip.