Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Free Lunch

Who ever said there is no such thing as a free lunch was totally wrong. My new purpose in life is to eat all the free lunches I can. I'll even eat free breakfast as well.

Today, I'm on my way down town to meet with Terry. Terry and I will walk from his office to some local restaurant and eat lunch together. Regardless of who pays for lunch, in essence the lunch is free to me because either my work or his work will pay for it, and to me that's free.

We'll talk business and talk about how he can get involved with what I'm doing. We'll exploit the synergy of our efforts and perhaps great things will be accomplished, but in reality we will be building a stronger relationship, which is what free lunch is all about. Well, okay so it's about eating lunch for free, but it's also about getting to know someone better and developing them as a resource while offering yourself as a resource to them.

My advice for the day - You can never afford to pass up a free lunch.