Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, June 16, 2006

I Can't Help Who I Am

Granted I'm not a full blown geek, but most people know I'm a self proclaimed "closet geek". I think techie stuff is way cool, but fortunately for my social reputation my wife keeps me in check with how geeky I'm allowed to be. That being said, I wanted to share one of my core geek websites with you.

Ever sit down at a computer to surf the web and think, " Wow this connection seems really fast"? I do all the time. I'm always evaluating the speed at which my Internet connectivity moves. Often times I'll run a test and prove just how fast (or slow) my connection is. Sometimes I even do it at different times of the day to see how much it varies.

I just ran it for my machine at work and got this as a result.


That top line... the blue one... yeah, that's me. I know the numbers are real hard to read so I'll interpret for you. That's 11.041MB/sec. According the results I loaded 754,928 bytes in 0.547 seconds from Go Daddy server. What a way to start my weekend - not just fast, but darn skippy fast!

Want to run your own test and compare yourself to other providers, go to here to the Toast.net Internet Speed Test.

Can anyone be my speed?