Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Can You Dig It?

At work I get to see a variety of business ideas. Some good and some not so good. Last night I began teaching the NxLeveL Business Planning course. 13 weeks of how to write your business plan and start your business. As the students went around introducing themselves and the businesses they wanted to start, one in particular caught my eye.

For 18 years, this student / author developed her idea for a book and has now written and self published it. "Can You Dig It?" teaches young children about planting and growing a small vegetable garden. Perhaps I was intrigued because I can't grow a garden to save my life, or perhaps because I wish I had learned to garden as a child and now wish I was a child again. Either way, I looked through a copy of the book last night and loved what I saw. A great idea packaged creatively and ready to hit the market.

You can find more about "Can You Dig It? here.