Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Sweet Little Grandma

About 2 years ago, we made our work email addresses very public. It was part of the "we're a technology church" push I was making back then. The upside - I got useful feedback from people. The downside - I get about half a dozen forwards a day. I hate forwards.

Like most I don't enjoy, much less even read the forwards. I did my usual myth busting on people at first and that seemed to trim down on the amount I got, but as most things cycle, so does this. Now I am getting urban legend chain mail from sweet little grandmas.

I got this one today.

>>>> >Subject: Gang initiation-please read
>> >READ THIS!!! It is signed by the River Hills Mall in Mankato as a warning. Police officers working with the DARE program have issued this warning:
If you are driving after dark and see and on-coming car with no headlights on, DO NOT FLASH YOUR LIGHTS AT THEM This is a common Bloods member "initiation game" that goes like this:
The new gang member under initiation drives along with no headlights, and the first car to flash their headlights at him is now his "target.". He is now required to turn around and chase that car, then shoot and kill every individual in the vehicle in order to complete his initiation requirements...

You get the idea - and you've probably heard it before. If not, send it to me about a dozen times. I love getting junk mail forwarded to me.

Here's the link that busts the myth.