Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, April 11, 2005

Dr. Atkins Move Over

I'm back in the states. After a week of traveling over 4,000 miles round trip and experiencing all kinds of things which I'll take time to share over this week, I have made one conclusion.
Dr. Atkins and Southbeach, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig and yes even Anna Nicole Smith of Trim Spa have absolutely nothing on spending a week working 8 hours a day building a school by hand.

Seriously. While in Guatemala I ate like a king. Eggs, toast, honey, cereal and fresh fruit for almost every breakfast. Tortillias, fruit and chicken for lunches. Spaghetti, chicken, fruit, vegetables, cookies, cake were usual for supper. Then don't forget snacks of some kind of high calorie fruit drink that was almost fruit puree in texture, or cream filled fried donuts, cookies, cake and other sweets too. It was always all you can eat and I always did.

After a week, I actually lost 7lbs. So, my theory is proven correct again. It's not the crazy fad diets that work best or the latest infomercial exercise system that is going to trim your body. Bottom line, it comes down to you have to burn more calories than you take in to loose fat.

So now I just have to figure out how to get out from behind my desk and get back to digging trenches for the foundation with a pick axe and a shovel or mixing 60 loads of cement per day by hand by loading 14 shovels of gravel, 12 of sand a 5 gallon bucket of water and 50lbs of cement.