Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Harder than it looks!

Fear has set in now.... will I receive nasty comments about "shannoning", what in the world do I write about....this is harder than it looks. I think if this were my own blog it would be easier, because I would write more about my family, the life of a mom, etc., but this is Matt's blog and unless he wants to show pictures of me in high school, you really don't know much about us.

Matt did call Tuesday night. He is having a great time. He is very tired, but I think that is a good thing. He preached on Monday morning for 4 hours and that went well, too. He said they voted and they all want him to stay and teach. SORRY!! He is married to me and I don't feel led to move to Guatemala any time soon. And he gets an award because he sent me a big basket of flowers yesterday. Anyway...

Blogs have been a great thing for my life. I get to know about my friends' lives and how they are without the old-fashioned way of communication. But is that a pathetic statement? Why is it I am so selfish that I don't want to take the time to call or even send an email to my friends, so we can stay in touch and remain friends. When I was growing up my parents had several sets of friends that they are still close with. They got together a lot when I was little and played cards and hung out. I look at society today and we aren't like that anymore. I am the first one to admit this. Friends are essential, and yet developing friendships is hard work and can be tiring. So I just want you all to know how much I love and appreciate you. Most of you who read this are dear to my heart. (that sounds bad, but I do know there are people who read this who I don't know at all) I miss so many of you, but do enjoy your blogs! So thank you! I promise a more interesting (maybe) blog tomorrow. Cheers to friends!