Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, April 04, 2005

Oh the Pressure!!!!!!!!

Good morning everyone! I am venturing into this blog hosting with deep hesitation. What interesting things does a stay at home mom who lives in small town Iowa have to offer? I know many of Matt's readers could care less about my boys and what things they have done lately. But that is my life. I'm not quite as dorky as Matt, probably not as funny, and definitely not as philosophical but I will try to entertain you this week to the best of my ability. Any suggestions?

I will try not to bore you all for the week...TRY...

Matt left Friday night and I have to admit that the first 2 days were not bad. The boys behaved decently and I got all of our bedrooms rearranged and cleaned for spring. It wasn't until I went to church Sunday morning that I really began to miss him. WOW! And then I was outside with the boys and missed his call. Needless to say, it was very sad. I have realized, with him gone, how much time I invest in him and our marriage daily. This is a good thing, but I never knew just how much time we spent with each other. May 28th marks our 11th year of marriage and I can honestly say that we are each other's best friend. Our marriage keeps getting better and better. But we have also made the choice that we take care of each other, even more than the boys. It is hard, especially for women, to make this choice, but it is so necessary. I don't know why, but I just want to encourage all of you to make your marriage a priority, so when your spouse is away you can honestly say you are so lonely for them, that you miss them terribly, and that you cannot wait for them to get home. That is me today.