I just came across this article in the Spring issue of the JCI Leader magazine. Evidently it was originally published in Entrepreneur magazine, but I mention JCI only to plug them as a neat organization with some great resources for the young entrepreneur.
- Clarity: You must be absolutely clear on who you are and what you want.
- Competence: You must resolve to join the top 10 percent in your field.
- Constraints: Your ability to identify the most important factor that determines the speed at which you achieve your business goals is essential to your success.
- Creativity: The essence of successful business is innovation.
- Concentration: Your ability to concentrate single-mindedly on the most important thing and stay at it until it is complete is an essential prerequisite for success.
- Courage: It takes tremendous courage to take the entrepreneurial risks to become wealthy.
- Continuous Action: The entrepreneur is always trying new things and, if they don't work, trying something else.