Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, June 14, 2007

I'm a Leavin on a Jet Plane


Folks, I'm headed out of town for a few days for some much needed family vacation time. I'm heading to beautiful, humid, hot and mosquito infested Missouri where my parents have just finished building their retirement home on the Lake of the Ozarks.

We're looking forward to seeing them and the new house and hearing all the stories about building a house.

I'll try to blog a few times while I'm gone, but literally the house is so new that Internet isn't being hooked up until Saturday, so no guarantees.

In the meantime, here are some recent things I've come across that might interest you.

Ben Casnocha posted about this article on a Navy SEAL's account of being the only survivor of his team. An inspiring story, but I had to question what the underlying message to it was. Any ideas on that?

My kids want a Nintendo Wii. I was poking around researching them and came across this. My only thought was, I need a lot more time in my day to do stuff like this and then even more time to make a video about it.

Now that everyone has a blog, the Colorado Springs Business Journal Golf League even has one. Check out who's tied for 11th place! :)

I've been teaching myself to play guitar and in the process broke my nut. (A nut is the plastic part at the end of the guitar that the strings lay over before running down the neck) I went to have it replaced and almost fainted to find they wanted $75 to replace. Being a huge fan of Norm Abram (my hero), I figured I'd make my own and found this site to inspire me. I'm going to use ebony because I love wood, but if anyone is willing to donate some bone to me, I'd be happy to use it. I'm thinking you probably don't need all your ribs anyway, so if you want to have one removed and mail it to me, let me know.

For those suffering from glossophobia or if you just want to get better at your skills, Guy Kawasaki had these great tips he shared.

I hope that keeps you entertained until I return or get a chance to post again.
Thanks for reading I appreciate you all!

Labels: