Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

It's another beautifully, snowy day in Colorado with near white out conditions. Santa is rubbing polish on Rudolph's nose because unless it lets up, he's going to need the high beams this year to make his rounds.

Businesses are closing early, they shut the university down, I-70 is closed from Limon to Kansas and I just heard that they shut the Federal offices down too. Get your fleece blanket out, I'm going home to watch It's a Wonderful Life and drink hot chocolate with marshmallows in it.

The picture above I shot at the intersection by our house on the way into work this morning. Wind was gusting up to 50mph. Denver reported getting 2 inches of snow an hour.

The picture below I shot on the hill coming up to my office. Traffic was at a dead standstill for 15 minutes. Look closely, just over the white SUV - Notice the Fed Ex truck in traffic? Why is it whenever there is bad road conditions, one of these guys is in the middle of it. I think I've posted something about this before. It's a conspiracy! They're taunting me!