Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, August 28, 2006

A Taste of the Onion


It's been a while since I've reported on anything from the Onion, so I went in search of a relevant news story. A few clicks later and I found this. It's a radio broadcast of a retired marathon runner who has traded in his running high for the high of eating food.

After running a marathon myself over 10 years ago, I can totally relate. Now, nothing gets me higher than cream filled donuts or cake with really thick frosting accompanied by an ice cold glass of milk.

But, I climbed back in the saddle of another horse this morning at 6:30 as I got up to go run. No runner's high, but I was awake... technically, and a nice moist piece of cake sure sounds good about now.

In the wise, emperical, words of Homer Simpson.