Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Molding Young Minds


I just found out last night at 9:30 that I'm going to be teaching a class here at the University on entrepreneurship this fall semester. So, not only do I get to impact / pollute (you decide which is more correct) the minds in the community, but I also get to have that same effect on college students. This will be my second year of teaching BYOB (Be Your Own Boss) to a bunch of freshmen and now this class will involve the entrepreneurial side of technology firms as part of our new Bachelors of Innovation program.

Honestly, I cant think of a more appropriate topic to teach to college students today. This article talks about how today's generation is perhaps more entrepreneurial than any other before it. Saying that the college campus is now a fertile breeding ground for company builders says a lot about our young minds.

Jeff Cornwall, the Massey Chair in Entrepreneurship at Belmont University in Nashville is quoted saying, "Forty percent or more of students who come into our undergraduate entrepreneurship program as freshmen already have a business."

When I was 18 I didn't even know what I wanted to do, much less have a company started to do it. Kudos to the young kids.

Labels: