Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Letting the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya

We recently had a key family in our church decide to leave and go to another church. When it comes down to it, I have no problem with people leaving our church as long as they do so for the right reasons and are remaining plugged into a good church. But, the competitiveness in me wants to win the battle for the customer. This particular family's departure got me thinking and researching. I came across this great article by John Duncan on Why people leave churches. I think it sound easy to fix, but in actuality it is a little harder to handle.

Link of the complete article

Here's the condensed version

6 Reasons People Leave Your Church
1. Poor leadership
2. Different Style
3. Specific Program
4. Disillusionment
5. Inner Hurts
6. Church Size

How to Handle Their Departure
1. Learn From It
2. Pray For Them
3. Open the Gate