Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Dude the Dog



I went to have the brakes on my van looked at yesterday. A nice old guy from our church is a mechanic so I go to his shop and ask him to take a look. There leashed to the bench is this cute little German Pointer. The dog starts barking and the guy yells at him saying "Dude, be quiet" Probably doesn't sound odd, unless you knew the guy and realized that dude is not a word in this old man's vocabulary. So I ask him, did you say dude? To which he replies, yeah, its what my son named the dog.

As I look around the shop and see 5 or 6 cars, then gaze out onto his lot and see another 15 or so, all I can think while trying not to bust up laughing is "Hey, if you ever loose your car, just ask Dude, where's my car?"

I think I may need more sleep than I'm currently getting.